Pompeii trip update: the bus departure site map has been added to the social program page.
New!!!: Final program.
New!!!: You can download a printable version of the useful information for participants here .
Social program available: details of the social program including Tour of the Fascinating Pompeii Ruins and social dinner to Palazzo Petrucci are now available at the social program page.
New deadline for early registration: July, 31.
The objective of this conference is to spotlight the very latest research in correspondence analysis and related methods (CARME) of multidimensional visualization, as well as to discuss future developments. We aim to bring together theoretical and applied researchers in all the areas where correspondence analysis and related methods are currently being used, notably sociology, psychology, education, ecology, archaeology, geology, linguistics, philosophy, genetics, biomedical research, health economics, marketing and management. Interdisciplinary contributions will be particularly welcome.
The conference will take place at the seaside in the conference centre "Federico II", which is an historic building of the University of Naples, seen on the left in the above panoramic photo, and below (building, Aula Magna and entrance).
- Eric J. Beh
- John Gower
- Carlo Lauro
- Ludovic Lebart
- Brigitte Le Roux
- Fionn Murtagh
- Gilbert Saporta
- Rosanna Verde
- Maurizio Vichi
Themes of the conference include all forms of correspondence analysis and related fields:
- Simple correspondence analysis
- Multiple correspondence analysis
- Joint correspondence analysis
- Multiway correspondence analysis
- Canonical correspondence analysis
- Nonsymmetrical correspondence analysis
- Dual scaling
- Optimal scaling
- Homogeneity analysis
- Geometric data analysis
- Multidimensional scaling of categorical data
- Visualization of categorical data
- Visualization of compositional data
- Correspondence analysis in the social sciences
- Correspondence analysis in ecology and the environmental sciences
- Correspondence analysis in the health sciences
- Correspondence analysis in management and marketing research
- Correspondence analysis in food and sensory research
Workshop on the Singular Value Decomposition (SVD)
Directly following the main CARME conference we plan an additional event, a one-day workshop on the singular value decomposition (SVD), with guest speaker Trevor Hastie. You can see details of this workshop here or by clicking on the "SVD workshop" button on the menu on the left.
- May 31, 2015: Submission abstract
- June 14, 2015: Notification of acceptance of conference papers
- Before July 27, 2015: Early registration fee
- After July 27, 2015: Normal registration fee